Covenants and Restrictions
1. No plot fronting on Litchfield Road on the south side thereof west of Mitchell Road less than 95 feet in depth and of less area than 9500 square feet shall be built upon.
2. No more than one house shall be built upon any one of the plots numbered 95, 98, 131, on said map.
3. No plot on Litchfield Road east of Mitchell Road less than 75 feet in width and of less area than 7500 square feet shall be built upon except that plots carved out of plots 139, 140, 149, and 150 on said map may be built upon if of a width of 70 feet with an area of 7000 square feet.
4. No other plot south of Litchfield Road and Richards Road and west of Mitchell Road less than 80 feet in width and of less than 8000 square feet shall be built upon.
5. No other plot south of Litchfield Road and east of Mitchell Road less than 60 feet front in width and 6000 square feet in area shall be built upon.
6. No building except a church or a detached private one family dwelling house of not less than 2 stories in height with a cellar and costing no less than $5000, and the usual outbuildings pertaining thereto or a private stable for horses only or a private garage shall be erected upon any part of said premises.
7. Not more than one dwelling house shall be erected upon any of the plots the sizes of which are limited by the terms of this agreement nor upon any of the other plots as the same are shown upon said map, except that it is agreed and understood that plots numbered from I to 88, both inclusive, as shown upon the aforesaid map may with the consent of the Port Washington Estates Association (a voluntary Association formed by the parties of the fifth part) be subdivided into such sizes as may be agreed upon between the party of the first part and the said Port Washington Estates Association, and thereafter sold and built upon, subject to the other restrictions contained in this agreement. Action by the Port Washington Estates Association herein provided for shall be taken where required; through a committee of three to be appointed by the said Association from its membership, and the action of said committee shall be binding upon said association and the parties of the fifth part.
8. No milkman’s stable, livery stable, carpenter shop, piggery, slaughter house, smith-shop, forge, furnace, steam engine, brass foundry, nail or other iron factory or any manufactory for the manufacture or making of gunpowder, glue, varnish, vitriol, turpentine or boiling of bones or for the dressing, tanning or preparing of skins, hides or leather or any henry, brewery, distillery, oil or lampblack factory or any sugar factory, cow stable, rope walk or other building for any noxious, dangerous, unwholesome, offensive establishment) trade, calling) business or occupation shall be erected upon any part of said premises nor shall any strong or spirituous liquors, beers or wines be sold thereon.
9. No sand or gravel shall be mined or sand business engaged in or any dump or dock for public or business purposes or picnic landings be erected or any business except the practice of law, medicine and dentistry be carried on or any fence in front of or along the street line of any premises be erected upon any part of said premises.
10. Until the plans and specifications therefore shall have been first submitted to and approved in writing by the Port Washington Development Corp. or its successors in – interest no building shall be erected upon any part of said premises.
11. No part of any dwelling house including piazzas and bow windows shall stand within twenty-five feet of any street line or within ten feet of the side line of the premises belonging to the owner of such houses.
12. Until the proposed location shall have been approved of in writing by the Port Washington Development Corp. or its successors in interest no garages or outbuildings shall be erected upon any part of said premises. Supplement to Covenants and Restrictions
That said party of the second part, for himself, his heirs and assigns further covenants that upon the parcel of land secondly above described there shall not be erected any sand dumps or docks for public or business purposes or picnic landings. This restriction shall not be construed as preventing the erection of a dock or docks for private or community purposes. No dwelling house, club house or casino shall be erected on any part of said premises so restricted, costing less than $2500. No saloon shall be erected or maintained on premises so restricted.
It is understood and agreed that the party of the first part do convey to the party of the second part title on and to all roads on said map and that plots so excepted shall be strictly bounded as shown on said map, and that no title shall pass with them to any portion of roads on which they border.
Together with interest of party of the first part to land on road from Manhasset to Port Washington to center line and also all Interest, if any, of the party of the first part to land under water adjacent to said premises. And said party of the second part, Its successors or assigns shall or will not erect or permit upon that portion of said premises lying west of line drawn north or south from west side of lot 101 upon Murray and Reid Map, any stable except a private stable for horses only, nor any milkman’s stable, livery stable, carpenter shop, piggery, slaughter house, smith shop, forge, furnace, steam engine, brass foundry) nail or other iron factory nor any manufacture for the manufacture or making of gunpowder, glue, varnish, vitriol, turpentine or boiling of bones, or for the dressing, tanning or preparing of skins, hides or leather nor any hennery, brewery, distillery, oil or lamp black factory, nor any sugar factory, cow stable, ropewalk or building for other noxious, dangerous, unwholesome, offensive, establishment, trade, calling, business or occupation whatsoever, which may be deemed a nuisance, and also that neither it nor its successors or assigns will suffer or permit any one to mine sand or gravel on said premises to be sold or the sand business as carried on in and about Port Washington to be engaged in anywise.